Is Diatomaceous Earth Harmful to Pets?


Diatomaceous Earth is not Harmful for Pets
 

Diatomaceous Earth is 100% Natural Fresh water Siliceous Fossil Flour. Siliceous fossil flour as it’s known, was used very effectively for about one hundred years before chemical pesticides were introduced. It can be used for various usages including on pets to prevent ticks and fleas as well as for deworming of pets. 

Since chemical pesticides tend to leave residue in our food supply and poison the heck out of mammals, bees, fish and any wildlife they come in contact with, Siliceous fossil flour is back in fashion in agricultural and veterinary circles as it does not contain any toxic chemical.


Hard Shelled Algae in Diatomaceous Earth
 

Diatomaceous Earth is a completely organic product, derived from the fossilized remains of Diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. Diatoms are phytoplankton, a food source for freshwater and marine animals. When they die, their skeletons settle to the ocean or lake floor and over time become thickly fossilized deposits. These deposits are mined and milled and sold as various grades for industrial and agricultural applications.

Diatomaceous Earth is very dusty and can cause lung problems if breathed heavily, so when applying it dry always wear a good dust mask. Also wash your hands with water after application as it can leave hand dry.


Urbanns Flea and Tick PowderPet Dewormer Natural
 

Urbanns Flea and Tick Powder and Pet Dewormer is reinforced with Natural Palygorskite to make it even more effective against pests and instects while keeping the safe qualities.